Wednesday, August 10, 2011

NERD Alert!


We had a sandwich from the Wawa for lunch and got out to the beach late.  Flies got bad and we had to abandon the place around 5.  But I got a good swim in, water was colder than usual.

Came back, had G&T's on the deck planning to meet up with the Fox kids at Joe Pop's to see the Nerds.  We went to California Grill and Pizza for dinner.  Liz had fish tacos that were horrible and I had a steak burrito which wasn't much better.

We got to Joe Pop's around 10:30.  The guy at the door tells us the cover is $15 each.  I was like, "are you crazy?".  He tells us that they're real popular and good and worth it.  I said, "I've seen them before and they're definitely not worth paying $30".  He kinda laughed in agreement.

This guy Chip that John works with recognizes me and says "Hey, you're uncle Ray".  I explain that John is supposed to show.  Long story short, after texting back and forth we go in, John and Deanna show up later.  Jim Monahan from E. Hanover is there too with his wife.

John tells me about the night before after Nardi's that they went to party with some NY Cops, and he gets hammered and wound up at Chicken Or The Egg.  They get home at 5am and he woke his kids up.  He was paying for it.

The Nerds sounded really crappy, likely due to the acoustics.  I took some video and was going to post it but it sounds so annoying!

We do the Irish exit at some point and drive down to Buckalew's and have a drink there before going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment